Well this is my first report as Task Force CO of Task Force 29 and it seems that I got the drop on both of my colleagues. I would like to introduce myself, I am Declan Ford and I used to be your Academy Director. Upon taking over the Task Force, I have a number of ideas for the Task Force. However, first I will have to get the hang of the position and recruit a few more Commanding Officers. However, I do not think you want to hear about me. So without any gilding the lily and no further ado I give you the state of 29…
Task Force Update
This month I took stock of what we had and how things were going on each of the sims in the Task Force. Task Force 29 is home to the simulations that do not fit conventional Task Forces, from simulations in alternative universes, time streams that deviate from the Prime or those who are just too unique to be under a standard group. We are also open to hearing sim proposals for specialty Sims; these would include Sims that would be run on alien ships such as Klingon, or Romulan.
I know that you have been informed that the Task Forces were getting away from the Task Group Format. However, Task Force 29 is going to keep the three Task Group format, although we will not have and Task Group Commanding Officers. Keeping the format is merely a way to keep the Task Force well organized. Below you will find a listing of the Task Groups, what types of Sims fall into each Task Group and little bit about each sim in the Task Groups. My hope is that this will give you all a little taste of what we have to offer.
Task Group 29A – Different Times: This Task Group embraces the past and the future of Trek. It allows Sims to be placed anywhere in the Trek Timeline. These Sims are elsewhere in the timeline, but they exist in the Prime Universe.
- USS Challenger NCC-1715 – The Challenger exists in the year 2259. This places its mission about a year after the war with the Klingons and six months after the disappearance of the USS Discovery. Its missions are focused on exploring a galaxy that remains mostly unknown.
- USS Atlantis NX-05 – The Atlantis exists in 2154. Her mission was to make peace with the Xindi. However, the galaxy had better plans for the NX Class ship. The Atlantis was thrust far from the reaches of known Federation space. Now the ship makes its way home, can they survive.
Task Group 29B – Different Worlds: This Task Group focuses on the different aspects of Star Trek in the current timeline. Specialty Sims, alien Sims, etc… They would fall into this Task Group.
- Artemis NX-14 SCIU – The Artemis is a NX Class Refit vessel that has been placed at the disposal of the Starfleet Criminal Investigations Unit. This unit is based out of Deep Space 4 near the Klingon border in 2162. The mission of this ship and crew is simple, that is to pursue offenders of all kinds and bring them to justice. In the Federation, any crime is considered especially heinous. In Starfleet, the dedicated personnel who investigate the most vicious felonies are members of an elite crew known as the Criminal Investigations Unit. THESE ARE THEIR STORIES…
- Star Trek: Vanished – In 2396 the USS Phoenix leaves on what is to be her final voyage. Shortly after leaving dock, the ship disappears without a trace. Officially, the crew and ship are deemed missing in action. However, the ship crashed on a planet far from home. Can the crew survive on a hostile planet or shall they still be recorded among the Vanished.
Task Group 29C – Different Universes: This Task Group is for any sim outside of the prime universe. Mirror Universe, Kelvin Universe and others can all exist here.
- USS Defiant NCC-1764 – This ship is a Constitution Class using 2264 in the Kelvin Universe for its setting. Her missions explore the effects of the Kelvin Universe movies on the world of Trek. Mostly through exploration and character development.
- USS Sarek NCC-46517A – The Sarek is a Sovereign Class starship set in a universe where the Hobus star never exploded. The Sarek also has the distinction of being one of the longest running Sims in Obsidian Fleet.
Over the next couple of months, I am hoping to begin a large recruitment drive throughout the Task Force. There are some really unique and great writing experiences to be had here, and I hope to get some unique writers for them.
Task Force Stats
Total Simms: 12
Ships with CO’s: 6
Ships with Pending CO’s: 0
Open Commands: 6
If you are interested in a command within Task Force 29 please contact me at [email protected] or on Discord (Hadir Prenar #1445), I would be happy to discuss your sim concept and how we can fit it into the Task Force at large.
Unit of Merit
For the month of May, there is no Unit of Merit from 29. My hope is to have a good one for you all next month. This month I am still getting to know all of the wonderful Sims in the Task Force.
“Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up” I would like to remind all of the current Commanding Officers out there that if they are interested they can have a second command, if that second command is in 29. Just something for everyone to ponder. As for everyone else, have a look at these unique simming experiences and give them a whirl you will not regret it.
Until Next Month
May Janeway watch over us and protect us all…