Forum

TF72 Changes - Moving Forward  

RSS
(@mactaryn)
Member Admin

ALCON,

Hopefully everyone's read Admiral DuLac's news item regarding the changes in 47 & 72 the last couple of days, most notably of which is the retirement of Rear Admiral James Hurin after several years of meritorious service to TF-72 and to Obsidian Fleet. Fear not though folks, SB-80 and RADM Hurin will not be sailing off into the sunset, they will still very much be a part of Obsidian Fleet. While the character James Hurin will no longer be a part of the Fleet Council here in OF, Captain K'Tox will be returning as the skipper of SB-80 and will now be a part of Task Group 47-B. I know we can expect to continue to see great things from Captain K'Tox and the crew of SB-80.

That said, I have been transferred over to Task Force 72 along with my simm, Camp Falkirk. It's a homecoming for me as I started my tenure in Obsidian Fleet right here in TF-72, 72A to precise as the skipper of the USS Exeter and USS Ardeshir. I'm happy to be back in red, as 72's always held a special place for me. Hurin's done a great job and I hope to not only fill those shoes but take us forward as OF moves into IFS-2 and the next generation of simming.

Obviously things won't be exactly the same as they were with a different person in the TFCO chair, so I wanted to take a few moments and share my thoughts on things and what I hope to see in those of us in TF-72.

Firstly, I am a huge proponent of the Discord platform. Before the Fleet as a whole brought it online, I was utilizing it for TF47 and for my own simm. I feel it gives us a definitive edge in administration, collaboration and most importantly, in building a sense of community. To that end, I'd like to ask that all the 72 CO's make a concerted effort to get onto the OF and TF72 Discords and to make that push with your crew as well. I'm still new in the role, so I don't know just how many we have, but take a minute to make that push if you haven't already.

Now there's always discussions that happen in the Fleet Council that typically don't make it out into the general chat's, and there's certainly discussions at the JFC level that don't either. Most of the time very few of us get that information. I try to do my best to be as transparent as possible on what's going on. I'm always available for questions and to discuss decisions/directions of the Task Force. Hopefully y'all feel comfortable coming to me to ask.

As for the future... I have some ideas... but I'd love to hear your thoughts too! Let me know what you'd like to see and let's see if we can't work that out together.

Happy Simming,

MacTaryn

Posted : 20/09/2017 4:48 pm
(@njessa-azjure)

Happy to work together to craft some joint stories but I will need a little time to get settled as the new commander of Protector. But I look forward to meeting you all, in and out of character.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2017 8:28 pm