Rules of the competitions
- The monthly writing competition is open to all writers on ships of Obsidian Fleet.
- One entry per person, per ship.
- All entries have to be 1/1/1 or PG13.
- Can be a joint post, solo post, personal log but must be over 500 words and all players must be named.
- They must correspond to the theme of the month.
- Entries will be read and judged anonymously.
- No judges can enter.
- All entrants must agree to have their writing published on Obsidian Fleet’s website and social media.
- Entries must be posted on simm between 1st day and last day of the month.
- All entries must be nominated to [email protected] by 5th of the following month. (March 5th for February, April 5th for March etc) with the site link and email address of writers.
What Will You Be Judged On?
It is only fair that you are told the criteria you are going to be put against, so here it is;
Does the writer engage the reader’s attention immediately? Is tone, setting and character established promptly? Is the premise/Concept logical, or too far-fetched?
Is writing fresh and free of clichés? Does it reveal the writer’s vision and attitude clearly? Are viewpoint changes and pacing handled smoothly?
Characters & Dialogue 15%
Are characters believable, well-rounded? Actions and interactions consistent and well-motivated?
Does the theme represent what has been set down?
Does progression seem inevitable without being too predictable? Is story interesting and compelling to read?
Is grammar and punctuation correct? Is spelling accurate? Is the manuscript or post professionally prepared? Are details consistent and correct?