This is just a gentle reminder that in five days time on Sunday 16th @ 9 pm GMT this year’s Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Character of the year nominations will close to new entries. These awards celebrate the hard work of individuals not just on your own sims but fleet wide and is open for anyone to nominate.
You can vote here for all awards.
Just to remind you we have put together some quick tips on how to write your awards nomination in order to give your nominee the best chance:
- Don’t be ‘boring’ – we would prefer to read about the specific differences a Commanding Officer, Executive Officer or a Character has made to the ship, fleet or plot rather than generic phrases such as ‘they’re a really nice person’ ‘behind every great Co there is a greater XO’ or ‘they’ve made a difference’. How have they made a difference? How have they excelled the plot? How are they unique?
- Maximum of 150 words. The word limit is there to ensure every one of these receives consideration.
- Use plain English when writing your nomination.
- While there is no restriction on the number of nominations, please don’t just copy-and-paste nominations. Duplicates will be removed. If two or more people have done something similar, rather than submitting identical nominations for them you could think carefully about which specific aspects they have outshined in.
- And finally, make sure you proof read the final version of the nomination.
Good luck to everyone